Thursday, March 20, 2014

My Experience with the Photo Essay

Well this started off pretty rough. Picking a topic was really holding everything up. Pretty much the only thing that I was sure of was that I had no interest in continuing my research into propaganda. It's depressing. With everything that is going on right now, I really just wanted to have some sort of fun and maybe actually enjoy doing this project. Life has been pretty stressful lately and I had been putting off spending the money to build a new computer for a while but this just seemed like a good opportunity. I got to do something fun for myself and I get to show it off a bit. That's pretty much a win win. As a little test and for practice, I posted a few write-ups and pictures to some PC builder forums this week. The response was very positive and it was nice to engage with an audience outside of school. My rough draft is a little um rough. I still need to add two pictures and I will probably rewrite the entire narrative. I'm OK with that though. It is a lot easier to write about something you're actually excited about. I really want to work on it to better convey that the project isn't just about building a cooler thing to play video games on. It's about doing something you can be proud of.

No comments:

Post a Comment